HOW IT HAPPENED
The two teams trade turnovers and punts in the 1st quarter. The Lions fumbled the opening kick-off but the Pioneers were unable to capitalize.
The Lions got a turnover of their own off a Guerry Everett Jr. interception, but they also were unable to score off the turnover.
The score was 0 to 0 after the 1st.
The 2nd quarter saw the two teams again trading punts and turnovers, but this time the Lions were able to put together a scoring drive.
The Lions held a 6-0 lead at halftime.
The Pioneers took momentum in the 2nd half after Hassan Thompson blocked a Lions punt out the back of the end zone for a safety.
On the next drive after the Lions free kick the Pioneers put together a 6 play 41 yard drive capped off by a 3 yard touchdown run by Carson Dunn.
The Pioneers led 9-6 after the 3rd quarter.
The 4th quarter saw the Pioneers add another touchdown by Carson Dunn this time a 37 yard run. The extra point was blocked giving the Pioneers a 15 to 6 lead with just over 14 minutes left in the game.
The Pioneers put together a 8 minute and 25 second drive milking the clock before giving the ball back to the Lions with just over one minute left in the game.
The Lions were able to get anything going in the minute.
The Lions fell 15 to 6 to the Pioneers.
- The Lions ran 49 plays for 212 yards of total offense.
- The Pioneers ran 67 plays for 331 yards of total offense.
- The Lions had 25 yards rushing and 168 yards passing.
- Trinity converted 5-13 third down tries and Pioneers were 8-14 on third downs.
- M.J. Ybarra was 11 for 17 for 104 yards passing.
- Landen Bradley rushed 11 times for 43 yards.
- T.J. Martinez pulled in 6 catches for 95 yards receiving.
- David Steeves led the Lions defense with 17 total tackles.
Trinity Bible College Current Record: 0-2
Pioneers Current Record: 1-1