HOW IT HAPPENED
The Lions and Saints traded punts for most of the 1st quarter as both offenses struggle to get going.
The Saints finally found the end zone via their defense on a 95 yard interception return for touchdown.
The Saints led after the 1st quarter 7 to 0.
The 2nd quarter was all Saints as their offense took control of the game with 4 touchdowns. 3 of the touchdowns came from the passing game and the other touchdown was on a 1 yard touchdown run.
Saints took a 35 to 0 halftime lead.
The second half saw the Saints widen their lead with 3 more touchdowns, 2 on the ground and 1 in the air. The Saints also added a 28 yard field goal.
The Lions defense was able to get a safety on the Saints after a holding was called in the end zone on the Saints.
The Lions fell 58 to 2 to the Saints.
- The Lions ran 65 plays for 214 yards of total offense.
- The Saints ran 61 plays for 551 yards of total offense.
- The Lions had 160 yards rushing and only 54 yards passing.
- Trinity converted 1-14 third down tries and Saints were 5-9 on third downs.
- Robert O'Neil went 3 for 13 for 49 yards with 2 interceptions for the Lions passing attack.
- Jeremy Hill had 22 carries for 100 yards.
- Omel Francois had 2 catches for 19 yards.
- Clint Stout led the Lions with 19 tackles and a fumble recovery.
- Zach Marengo pitched in 10 tackles for the Lions.
- The Lions defense had 3 fumble recoveries and 1 interception.
Trinity Bible College Current Record: 2-4
Saints Current Record: 2-2