HOW IT HAPPENED
The Pioneers scored first with 7:15 on the clock, Jacob Berholtz scored on a 64 yard run. The extra point was good giving the Pioneers an early 7 to 0 lead.
Just two minutes later the Lions answered back on a 46 yard touchdown run by Landen Bradley. The extra point was good tying the game at 7.
The Lions and Pioneers were tied after the 1st quarter 7 to 7.
The 2nd quarter saw the Lions score first this time on a 28 yard touchdown pass from Robert O'Neil to Tristan Martinez. The extra point was blocked, giving the Lions their 1st lead of the game at 13 to 7.
The Pioneers scored with just 24 seconds left in the half on a 2 yard touchdown run by Jacob Bernholtz that capped off a 12 play 54 yard drive that took 4:46. The extra point as good giving the Pioneers the lead back.
Pioneers took a 14 to 13 halftime lead.
The second half was just like the first half as the Lions would score first on a Jeremy Hill 4 yard touchdown run that capped off a 10 play 37 yard drive that took 3:38. Hill rushed in the two point conversion try giving the Lions a 21 to 14 lead.
The Pioneers answered back scoring with just 54 seconds left in the 3rd quarter on a Chip Scott 17 yard run. The extra point was good tying the game at 21 to 21 at the end of the 3rd quarter.
The Lions scored the lone touchdown in the 4th quarter on a Landen Bradley 3 yard run (his second TD of the game). Jimmy King's extra point was blocked giving the Lions a 6 point lead 27 to 21 with 9:41 to play.
The Lions were able to keep the Pioneers out of the end zone in the final 9 minutes of the game to hold on for their 1st win of the 2016 season.
The Lions won 27 to 21 to the Pioneers.
- The Lions ran 61 plays for 322 yards of total offense.
- The Pioneers ran 72 plays for 388 yards of total offense.
- The Lions had 88 yards passing and 41 carries for 234 yards rushing.
- Trinity converted 4-12 third down tries and Grinnell were 8-15 on third downs.
- Robert O'Neil was 11 for 20 for 88 yards and 1 touchdown for the Lions passing attack.
- Jeremy Hill had 16 carries for 126 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Landen Bradley had 9 carries for 73 yards and 2 touchdowns.
- Omel Francois had 5 catches for 45 yards.
- Tristan Martinez had 2 catches for 39 yards and 1 touchdown.
- Clint Stout led the Lions with 14 tackles and a tackle for loss.
- Jaquan McCorkle pitched in 13 total tackles for the Lions with ½ a sack and 3 tackles for loss.
Trinity Bible College Current Record: 1-2
Pioneers Current Record: 0-2